There are an infinite number of interior home renovations you could have done to your Hickory, North Carolina home and nearly as many ways to schedule them during the many years you’ll own your home. Here at TCB Construction, we are happy to work with you as you consider those renovations that best fit your lifestyle, budget, and both short and long-term objectives. Here are a few methods for deciding the order in which to do interior home renovations if you don’t have the budget to do them all at once.
- Most Used to Least Used- Consider which rooms you and your family spend the most time in and schedule those interior home renovations first. This will give you a strong sense of accomplishment and provide the most enjoyment.
- Most Dated to Least Dated- If you have a room that you really despise because it makes your home feel old and dated, you’ll feel relieved when you get that area taken care of and can then turn to other areas that aren’t bothering you as much.
- Start with Entertainment Areas- If you would like to entertain more than you do, but have held off because you aren’t happy with your home’s appearance, start with interior home renovations in the areas you’d like to host gatherings.
- Based on Budget- It never hurts to get quotes for all the interior home renovations you have in mind so you can get started based on which ones fit in your immediate budget. You might even find that you can do more than you thought you could or that financing is a feasible option. Keep in mind that prices increase in time, which means quote you get today probably won’t be what you’d pay if you wait, so be sure to add in a cushion when saving for delayed projects.
- Based on Need- Some interior home renovations are based on need more than aesthetics. For example, if you are struggling for storage or living space, a basement renovation to add usable space might be the best first project.
- Based on Future Plans- What you get done in your home will be governed quite a bit by your short and long-term plans. For example, if you plan to move soon, consider interior home renovations that will add value and make it easier to market your home. If you will be staying for the foreseeable future, you’ll have plenty of time to schedule all you want to do, so you’ll have more flexibility.